cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has dial tone not receiving calls

gossip25
Tuning in

Landline has a dial tone but not receiving calls since Wednesday.  Have run a test advises no issues in area but this happens at least once to twice a year.  

have tried booking an engineer online for Tuesday 7 September but keeps telling me the link is broken.

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gossip25,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to receive any incoming calls on your landline. 

Can we ask you if you have unplugged all extension sockets and tried another handset? Are you still unable to receive calls?

We have remotely checked from our end and can see that you have not rebooted the hub for 17 days. Can we ask you to perform a reboot of the hub, once your back online please can you call your landline from an alternative number and see if the call come through?

Please try the above and come back to us if further assistance is required. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

The phone is not connected to the hub

Hi gossip25

Thanks for coming back to us. That is odd as contradicts the account the forum information brings us. Can you send me a PM with the account details so I can correlate this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi 

Unplugged the modem and tried again. Tried phoning again to the landlines phone won't ring but the phone shows missed calls. I can phone from the landlines to a phone ok and there is a dial tone.

Ok thanks - so is the phone connected to the broadband router?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill