cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fault

Jason13
Joining in

Hi,

As I have raised on social media channels, I have been without a landline for at least a week.  I was advised it was down last weekend and reported this during the week.

I am receiving nothing but the run around here and am still without a phone line - no dial tone, incoming calls cannot connect.  Broadband is fine though.  Equipment tested on another property and is fine.

Thanks,

Jason.

7 REPLIES 7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Jason13 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline. 

Please can I ask, how is your landline connected to the phone?  Is it via the hub or traditional wall socket? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Phone is connected to the wall box (traditional 'old fashioned' connection).  I have connected directly to the box (no extensions) and tried different equipment which I know works, and the fault is there.  I have also tested this equipment at a different property and again know the handset works.

Broadband (cable) is fine, but no dial tone and incoming calls cannot connect.

I have raised via the phone a few times and told it's part of an outage (even though service status is green and says everything is fine).  I was told it will be fixed in due course and luckily for me I will get automatic compensation... that's where their script ends and they are unable to tell me the nature of the fault, what the course of corrective action will be and what timescales I will likely be looking at. The last adviser I spoke to early this afternoon just hung up on me when I asked this, as he clearly could only say you'll get compensation.

I do expect some compensation, as I pay £66pcm for this service and haven't had a landline for at least a week, however my immediate concern is that there are elderly potentially vulnerable family members who need to make contact on that number and can't!

I have been advised by the social media team to flag this here and they will pick up.

Hi Zak, I understand the social media person has linked you into our previous discussion.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That should have said good afternoon as its clearly past 12 o'clock

Kath has sent me the thread where you have run though some of the diagnostic steps. 

I am sorry regarding your last call, its not the level of service that we aim to provide and it is always disappointing to hear of these experiences, I have the details hear so I will pass this feedback on to our her management team. 

I have raised a complaint regarding you experience over the last week, I will PM you with that complaint reference number 

Regarding the landline issue,  the reason there is no fault showing on the status page is because the outage has been resolved,  I have checked the switch to confirm that.  I am going to need to arrange an engineer for you, I will pop you over a PM so that I can confirm your address. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me that information via PM. 

I have booked this for you,  you can find the time, date and make any amendments via your my virgin media account. 

Kind regards, 

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Jason13,

I just wanted to touch base and see how things are looking since your engineer visit? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

Engineer arrived as scheduled.  He checked my line and also the cabinet. Stated that the cabinet was dead and that no-one around here would have a landline! Shows how few people still use them, maybe!

Anyway, he arranged for this to be switched over to the port on the hub and all is good, sadly the spam calls have started again, but that’s modern life eh!

Thank you for arranging and finally resolving the issue.

Jason