cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline failed

dpp1
Joining in

I’ve had no dial tone on my landline for a few days.  Received incoming calls but couldn’t make calls.  Now it’s completely dead - no incoming or outgoing calls. 
I’ve unplugged extensions and tried different handsets in the master socket. Still doesn’t work. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dpp1, thanks for your post although I'm very sorry you're unable to use your landline at the moment.

There aren't any area problems that could be affecting the services from what I can see, so I'll need to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details so I can send a technician to you directly and get this sorted.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dpp1, thanks so much for your confirmation via PM.

I can confirm that I've booked the technician in for you, for the next available date and timeslot. Although I can't confirm this publicly, you can view (and reschedule if required) the appointment on your My Virgin Media app here or by logging onto your account through our website here.

If the issue for the technicians apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

I hope this helps and please let me knowi if you need any further support!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Our landline started working ok when the technician visited last week.  But now it has failed again- no dial tone. 

Hi @dpp1, thanks for your post once more and I'm sorry that the problem has come back for you!

Can you confirm once more that you've tried different handsets in the master telephone socket to see if any of these work, before I can book you another technician please as there's still no identifiable faults on the line?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I’ve tried a different handset in the master socket and still have no dial tone. 

Thank you for confirming this, I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules