cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline extension

ladym66
Tuning in

Am currently having house extended. Have VM cable direct to house with one landline in what will become dining room. Would like to have additional handsets in the new lounge and upstairs bedroom. Am able to run extension cable for telephone whilst building is going up. Is it simply a case of using a splitter on existing phone line to enable this?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ladym66,

Thank you for your post! 

It looks like you're on our new fibre landline service, meaning that if you do wish to have an extension put in, we will need to arrange an engineer visit to install the extension for you, as it doesn't work the same way as a traditional landline set up.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take some details if you'd like for me to arrange this for you.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ladym66,

Thanks for your PM.

So just to be clear, if you're looking to add more handsets and not use cordless phones but traditional corded handsets,  you would need to have extensions fitted around the home. Having extensions fitted with corded phones would mean that you would have quite a few wires running around the home. We would need to arrange an engineer visit to have these extensions fitted in the rooms that you wish to have the additional handsets.

Hope that all makes sense. Do let me know if you have any other questions.

Beth

Yes Beth,

That’s exactly what I was looking for, especially as the walls are still being built and there is no roof yet! The engineer could arrive and run the extensions prior to plastering the walls.

So, two issues….

1. The cost of the engineers visit ?

2.  How much notice would be needed?

Thanks 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It is a £25 charge for a non fault related call out ladym66 - it really depends on the availability to have the job booked in. Do you have any times/days that would work best for you? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

That’s reasonable…

Just to be sure, £25, does that include the cable, etc etc?

As for notice, as soon as we have a watertight structure I’ll make the request, there should be a good few weeks before the plastering goes on

Thank you 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

£25 is for the whole appointment 🙂 

Not a problem at all - just let us know when you can! 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is still active, but we are at the stage where we need an engineer to visit to install the new cabling....

Hello ladym66, 

It certainly is still active. 

So we can book this in for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

done that....