Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - engaged

annebl
Joining in

Hi 

as of sometime last week 

- incoming phone calls to my landline are met with 3 beeps, which I believe to be indication of an engaged like 

- I can’t make any outgoing calls 

so far, I have my phone set (3) all fully charged and double checked that they are plugged in correctly 

however no luck. Any ideas ?

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi annebl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the phone, can you confirm if you still have a dial tone?

Are all the phones seated in their base unit properly?

Alex_Rm

Hi 

- all 3 units are properly connected and charged 

- picking the phone up  the led says ‘line busy’

- there is no tone or sound when I pick up and trial to dial 

- I’ve tried reducing to just 1 handset, and re attaching the phone line. No difference 

Thanks

Thank you for confirming!

Looks like an engineer is needed, I'll just need to confirm a few details with you first so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top righthand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message annebl 🙂

Please pop back and let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Alex_Rm

Hi. The engineer visit was cancelled and I was told to reset my ‘ kit’. No difference. But I don’t have it plugged into my router anyway 
Still broken. 

Thanks for coming back to us annebl. If your landline still plugged into your wall socket, I'm not sure why rebooting your hub would resolve anything.

We would need to get another technician visit booked in for you to get this resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes. Always has been 

Hey annebl,

I have arranged another technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

sorry, i'm really confused. Where exactly can i find my appoitment details? Could you message me to confirm the address is correct?