cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime we’ve tried to make an outgoing call it’s gone straight to a welcome to virgin media message before you even finish dialling the number. We ignored it because we were still receiving calls ok and we just use mobiles for making calls so no big deal. But we have now stopped receiving calls completely and you just get call failed/out of service if you do try to dial the landline. There are no service issues in our area, I’ve checked the connections and everything looks fine, I’ve tried replacing the phone with a brand new one and still no joy. Any clues? Because help is uh… not very helpful 

I would just get rid of the landline if it was just me but I look after my elderly mother and she has doctors appointments etc on the landline so I need to get it sorted 

2 REPLIES 2

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Helsbells666,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your mother's landline has stopped working. 

We appreciate you trying another handset already, however the message you are now getting on your line is one when a phone line is disconnected.

Due to this, I will pop you over a private message to take some details and investigate this issue further for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Helsbells666,

Thanks for the private message. As advised, you will need to contact our sales team to get the landline re-instated. There are no guarantees you will have the same number.

Please come back to us through this channel if you require any additional help.

Kind regards Jodi.