cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down - no service status issues

PeteB1951
Joining in

All our Virgin Media services are down, the Service Status page shows that a technician is working to restore Broadband and TV but there are no issues with Landlines. However, our Landline is down, with no dial tone. Trying to report the fault just leads to a circular process referring me back to the same starting page each time - how do you break this circle to report a fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PeteB1951,

Thank you for your update 🙂
Glad it is all working for you, I can see from our systems there is no open tech appointment. 

Did you manage to cancel?

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PeteB1951, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your service, and that your landline is also not working and you are unable to report.

Is your landline connected via the hub? 

Zoie

No it's connected to a landline connection box, though it went down at the same time as the Broadband and TV. If it's down for the same reason as the other two I'm prepared to wait until they are all fixed, but the service status page said there were no landline issues.

The Broadband and TV have just come back, but the landline is still down, and giving an engaged tone if you call it.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I have checked and the outage is due to be resolved at 8pm, if you are still having issues after this please let us know, we cannot book a tech until the outage is resolved.

Zoie

Hi, the Broadband and TV have gone down again, and the Landline is still not working. The Service Status says there are no issues in the area, but the symptoms are exactly the same as when issues were being reported. We have a technician booked for Tuesday for the Broadband issue - I assume he will also look at the TV and Landline?

Hey there @PeteB1951, thanks for the reply.

Yes, when an engineer comes out they will be able to look at all the services being affected, it does seem as if is all linked to one issue.
We will have to wait and see the engineers diagnosis, however I can confirm all issues will be looked at by the technician.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All our services have now come back, without any further intervention from me. I've tried to cancel the technician appointment by downloading the app, but it says that I have no appointments - there appears to be no other way of contacting you to cancel the appointment.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PeteB1951,

Thank you for your update 🙂
Glad it is all working for you, I can see from our systems there is no open tech appointment. 

Did you manage to cancel?

Zoie

Thanks for your reply, no I didn't find a way to cancel - perhaps the appointment was removed when you completed whatever repair was required to reinstate all the services. I did notice one of your vans working on one of your cabinets locally with a van from Northern Powergrid - perhaps there had been a power failure?

Peter