cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down for two weeks

Vmedia-sucks
Joining in

As subjected implies, my landline has been down for the past two weeks.
When the 'big storm' hit 18th Feb, all services (TV, Broadband & Phone) were lost. Thankfully the latter two returned same day with a little rebooting etc. I've been holding off contacting customer services fruitlessly believing this was a known issue and said issue would be resolved. Evidently this is not the case.

I'm in the PO13 area, and yes, both phones are fine and all obvious checks have been carried out.

On a side note, having to jump through hoops (sign up to this board) to notify Virgin media's customer service of a fault is nothing short of ridiculous. Yes, one could contact them via telephone (as this is now the only option), but as I have no telephone... well you see the problem. Yes, I know, you could call them on a mobile phone, but why should I have to pay through the nose (when placed on hold for an age). 

Why remove online live chat, which was a somewhat quick and convenient option? Seems a big step backwards.
As for the "new" website which places you in an eternal loop of service checking,.. what a joke!

2 REPLIES 2

Vmedia-sucks
Joining in

BTW, no dial tone and unable to call out.
When trying to "phone home" you're immediately cut off.

So no incoming or outgoing.

Hi Vmedia-sucks,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your Phoneline isn't working since the strong winds stopped everything however the Phone didn't return, I was able to find you on our System with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, we appreciate everything went off however there still may be an internal issue or the phone itself may be at fault, I am more than happy to arrange a technician if required however if one came out and it is the phone or something you have plugged in there will be a £25 charge, please remove everything from the Telephone socket including the Phone any extensions and filters, if possible please try a different handset, if the handset is part of a set try a completely different phone.

Regards

Paul.