Menu
Highlighted
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline down area 20

Landline not working in area 20. It was working this morning but we've had power surges and cuts to the electricity on and off since about 10am. Everything working again except my home phone. No dial tone and rings engaged when called from mobile. Tried unplugging and one handset also batteries but nothing fixes it. Maybe damaged cable from power surges? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down area 20

Hi Jackiecollins, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with your landline. 

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Tom

0 Kudos
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Service status shows normal and test results back as ok but I often find this to be the case with issues I may have. You start off saying everything is fine but once you get a few customers reporting problems it's only then you investigate whether there actually is a problem. My phone is still not working. I guess I'll just have to wait for it to affect other people before something happens. If it's still not resolved I'll have to put my life on hold whilst I go through your engineer call-out process 😭😭😭

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That won't be necessary - thanks for checking.

Let me take a look. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details & hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your PM giving me info to arrange engineer visit. However  as I expected you are now showing a landline fault in my area. It's always the same! I've signed up for text alerts for when it's resolved. What I don't understand is why you don't have internal system triggers to flag up faults rather than seeming to wait until you have a critical mass of customers notifying you before you can investigate it ? Why doesn't it seem to show up for you as quickly as it's apparent to customers that there is a problem?

0 Kudos
bixie999
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi. did this get sorted out? I am in the same area and have the same problem. nothing shows on service checks, and now telling me i can't check any more today as I have exceeded three checks/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apologies Jackiecollins - I appreciate the frustration this will cause, and I'm sorry the fault wasn't acknowledged sooner. 

Being honest I'm not sure why these kind of faults aren't flagged faster, I just understand these things can be more complex than they first seem. Rest assured I'll pass on your feedback about it, if you feel that enough isn't being done to fix any issues asap we can log a complaint for you for further investigation (as per: virg.in/ccop) Just reply to my PM with the requested account details and we'll take it from there.

bixie999 - I'm sorry to hear you're impacted too. Without more info I can't confirm if this is the same fault or the status of it, so I'll send you a PM as well so we can take a further look.

Tom  

0 Kudos