Menu
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Landline down & essential for vulnerable relatives

For the second time in a month my Virgin landline has a major fault- no incoming or outgoing calls can be made or received. This is the first line of communication between myself & one elderly relative who cannot walk & another with early onset Parkinsons who is prone to falling. The earliest an engineer will attend is tomorrow. I deeply believe the issue has been caused by bad weather & the damaged street cabinet that has been left in a terrible state for the last 3 years-see thread below.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Street-cabinet-still-not-fixed-area...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down & essential for vulnerable relatives

Hi there Harris1972. 

Welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issue with you phone line, 

If the tech is required to go to the property to run additional checks, We would book this in for the next available date possible. 

Looking into the previous thread, Has the Green cabinet now been fixed? 

Thanks 

Zak 

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

In reply Zak

The engineer stated the most likely cause as water ingress into the street box. The damaged box that is still in a complete mess. So, in short pretty much all of the issues caused to my service were due to poor maintenance despite multiple reports on this forum,Twitter, in store, the automated helpline & customer support.

The broadband issues that my area were suffering were also self inflicted by Virgin. Over subscription & poor maintenance have caused poor performance historically.

As such all of my contracts have now been cancelled.

I would also like to point out my very negative experience of the retention team when trying to cancel. The operative insisted on talking over the top of most things I was trying to say.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I really am sorry to hear that you have had theses issues. Have the team managed to get you back up and running? 

regarding I am sorry to hear that on this occasion our high level of customer service has not been met. I would advise on the back of this you raise a complaint. Should you wish to do so then please follow our complaints code of practise found here virg.in/compscop

Thanks 

Zak 

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

The engineer restored the phone line.

With regards to raising a complaint-having done so in the past when my 50 meg broadband slowed down to <1 meg- apart from answering a few threads on this forum I really don't want any more dealings with your company.

The cancellation team asked for a 2nd chance- this was your 2nd chance after the issue mentioned above.

Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi harris1972

We are pleased to hear that our engineer has been able to restore your landline service. 

We do take all complaints submitted to us very seriously. These help us to identify areas for enhancement and help us to improve the customer experience. 

With regards to the damaged cabinet I have contacted the appropriate department about this and I am waiting for an update. We are sorry to hear that this has not been addressed since you initially reported this to us. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Respectfully David- follow the link in the OP, look at the date stamps & read the responses given. Then tell me again about how seriously you treat complaints.

Contacting the department responsible is not an issue & has been done many times previously.

Ensuring the department responsible gives updates & ensures that your contractor actually performs the tasks asked of them is another matter entirely.

Again I refer you to the linked post at the top of this thread.

harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

So another week has passed. No update has been forthcoming from the forum team as to when the street box might be replaced.

Both the engineer who attended the phone problem & the retention team reported the box as damaged & still no sign of this issue being fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hello harris1972

Thank you for the updates on the cabinet 

I fully agree this has been ongoing for far to long now 

Just so I can get this escalated correctly 

Can I ask the location again 

Street 

Junctions close by 

Any landmarks 

look forward to your response 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Birdbrook roasd,SE3. By the A2 flyover bridge. Can't miss it due to the orange barriers.

0 Kudos