cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

stevie1768
Joining in

My landline is completely dead and has been for 6 days now. I’ve tried other phones and everything you have suggested. It is not plugged into the hub but a normal phone socket. Nothing has been reported in the area but some of my neighbours reported the same issue last week and I am now going round in circles to get this resolved. Can an engineer be contacted to attend my home or what would you suggest?

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stevie1768, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your landline, we will be able to help. 

Can you please confirm that the cables leading to and from the handset are secure and without damage? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes Nat I’ve tried everything and it seems to be an ongoing problem in my estate 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply.

I have ran a check from our side and can see an outage has been registered for SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) for your area. The estimated fix time for this is 1:15pm today but we would not expect this to be impacting your landline unless it was connected to the Hub. 

With this being the case, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details and we can look in to getting this resolved for you. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat