cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

Lynnden
Tuning in

How do I get my landline working?  I see a recent post that got "kudos" for waiting for the landline to fix itself!  I don't think that approach will work for me.  Mine has not been working for a few days. 

Thanks

Lynnden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lynnden, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have gone in to book the engineer however a known fault has since been raised. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009977424
  • Estimated fix time: 21/07/2022 12:00:00
  • Description: Virgin Phone || You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lynnden

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your landline isn't working. Do you have no dial tone?

Have you taking a look at the self care help here - Why is my Virgin landline not working?

Let us know so we can offer further support if required.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi, There is no dial tone and if I dial my home number from another phone I get "call failed" notification.  The self help was less than useless, hence why I am here.

Thanks

Hi Lynnden, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I'm sorry to hear your landline is still not working as it should be and that the help pages didn't resolve things. 

In order to help look at this, there are a few more checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all? I know you mentioned you get an error but does the handset ring?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket? No, the line is completely silent.
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket? N/A as tried the above
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone? No
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all? I know you mentioned you get an error but does the handset ring? No, on the mobile used to dial the home number I hear three short beeps and then silence. (Call failed message on screen).

Thanks

Lynnden

Hi Lynnden, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me so quickly. 

It looks as though we will need to get an engineer visit booked for you in this case. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks I will update now.

Hi Lynnden, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have gone in to book the engineer however a known fault has since been raised. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009977424
  • Estimated fix time: 21/07/2022 12:00:00
  • Description: Virgin Phone || You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks very much

Is this a general fault as I have exactly the same problem