cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Landline has been out of action since yesterday afternoon. TV / Broadband went down and after an hour were OK.... However, Phone remained dead.... very difficult to find number to call from a non Virgin line 😞
Used 0345 454 1111 and ended up with line being tested but as it will be a while recommended calling back on 150 (obviously not going to work) or use virgin number to get result... but does not tell which number to call.... After these options, get abruptly hung up upon. 😞

Please can some one advise what number to call to get a human voice and assistance.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Dizbeans.

The appointment has now been booked in for you.

Do let us know how it goes! 

Cheers,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Dizbeans,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear your landline is still facing issues, from checking our service I can't see any area fault still raised. 

Just to clarify does the landline have no dial tone?

Let us know,

Kain

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Hi... Line is completely dead.... from all handsets.
When calling line it is just engaged.
I agree Service Status shows all OK...

Issue happened yesterday when issue with TV & Broadband... but even then Service Status stated phones were OK.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, thanks for the response.

It seems like we'll need to set a technician appointment up with yourself.

Before we do I have to advise of the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Kain

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

All acceptable, please arrange a technician appointment... 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, I've dropped you a PM so we can get this sorted.

This will show once you select the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Dizbeans.

The appointment has now been booked in for you.

Do let us know how it goes! 

Cheers,

Kain

khls15995
On our wavelength
Mine's down too. Yesterday (Friday 24th), when trying to make a call, all I got was 'line in use' displayed in my phone. I could receive calls though. Now, it's completely dead, no display, nothing.

My phone is plugged into the V6 router, advised by a phone engineer some months ago. I can only assume there's a problem in the CR4 area.

The hilarious thing is I looked up 'issues' on the VM site and it stated there's a problem with the TV service. Err no I don't think so, my phone line's down! Thank goodness for mobiles.

Hi @khls15995

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the phone line.

I have taken a look at things from our side and there are no known outages in the area.

How is the service today?

If this is still down, could you please try rebooting the hub and trying a different handset if possible?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Just a quick update.... After appointment was arranged, received a text stating service visit has been put on hold while network problem is investigated.. This was after being told there was no problem. Appears neighbours also had landline issues.

Line back on line with no announcement after 48 hours of being off.

A follow up text stating problem had been solved would have been nice!!