cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

bobar
Joining in

My home phone has no dial tone and I'm unable to receive calls. Failed yesterday.

Have had Virginmedia package for many years,  Broadband still working. There have been no changes recently to home infrastructure or equipment.

Have:

• run tests on kit 
  • tried alternative handset, removed extension lead and plugged in directly to Virgin socket (result: still not working;
  • checked the service status (result: no known issues); and
  • checked bill payments (result: up to date).

Next step is to arrange technical support and/or book, if required, an engineer as soon as possible.

Website suggests booking engineer. No apparent facility to book.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bobar,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you landline isn't working at the moment and for any inconvenience caused by this, I was able to locate you on our system with the detail we have for you and can see there is currently an outage for Telephone in your area, the fault is effecting all phonelines in the postal area and was picked up on 17/04/22 @ 17:27, the estimated fix date is today @ 10:05, all fix times are estimated and may change.

Regards

Paul.

Thadius_Cole
Joining in

I am in the same boat.  The website sends you in circles, you can't use 150 to ask for technical support so this is it.  Hopefully someone from the team here can setup a technician booking.

Hi Thadius_Cole,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you haven't been able to check online for a fault due to the page looping, I can advise there is an area fault effecting your Telephone services, this was raised on 17/04/22 @ 22:10 and the estimated fix time which may change is Today @ 14:00, apologies for and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks @Paul_DN.  I will keep checking the line after 14:00 and see if it comes back.

Hi Thadius_Cole,

You are very welcome, this may change, you can keep an eye either Via our Service Status or by calling 0800 561 0061.

You can also log into your Online Account and register for updates.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul

Will advise as and when service resumed.

Hi @bobar,

Are you continuing to face these issues with your services, or are things resolved for you now?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach
Landline still out of order as at 08.45 on 19.04.22

Hi @bobar,

Thank you for the update. I'm really sorry to hear that the landline issues are unfortunately ongoing. Please respond to the private message I'll be sending to you shortly so we can have a closer look.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!