cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead, how to report the fault.

CurlyKylie
On our wavelength

Our landline stopped working sometime recently.  I've connected a basic phone directly into the master socket, there just a little bit of crackling and no dialtone.  This has happened several times in the past.

I've tried to report this online but the Service Status says OK and everything just goes round in circles.  I'm sure there used to be a way of initiating a line test and reporting a fault.

Obviously I can't dial 150 as the line isn't working, but also the alternate number is only open office hours.  Surely there must be some way to report this online.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

0345 4541111 from any other phone, goes to the exact same IVR as 150 from a VM phone - I'm not sure what number you've been calling to be told office-hours only.

VM staff often respond on here, but on a Bank Holiday weekend you may well get a quicker response by calling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CurlyKylie,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been facing some issues with your landline services recently. If this issue is ongoing for you today, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly so that we can get this investigated.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

CurlyKylie
On our wavelength

One week later and Virgin still haven't fixed the fault. This is getting ridiculous.

So what was the outcome of the conversation you had with Zach? Engineer visit required or an area fault?

Hi @CurlyKylie,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could take a look over things. As discussed, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment via your My Virgin Media online account if needs be.

Let us know how the visit goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @CurlyKylie,

Thanks for getting back to me on private message with a further update following your technician visit. I'm glad that we were able to address and resolve the issue for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team