cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead for several days

technophobetoo
On our wavelength

Hi, how do you report a fault when there are no phone numbers on the web site, the bot tells you it’s too busy, the help page seems to be in some sort of a loop and the service checker keeps telling me everything is fine, when it isn’t?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi technophobetoo,

Thanks for providing those details via private message, 

I've arranged a technician for you, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi technophobetoo,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've some issues with your landline.

Are you able to provide a few more details?

What is the issue exactly? No dial tone, unable to receive or make calls etc.

Have you tested another handset?

Is the phone plugged into a main socket or extension?

Alex_Rm

Hi, yes there’s no dial tone just a crackling sound. If you call the number it gives the engaged tone. I’ve tried four different phones in three different sockets so I’m convinced it’s something to do with the landline itself. I can’t try plugging into the modem as an alternative because I don’t have a cable or adapter that fits. 

Thanks for getting back to me technophobetoo,

So I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi technophobetoo,

Thanks for providing those details via private message, 

I've arranged a technician for you, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex, the line has come back on within the last half hour or so, albeit there is a bit of a background buzz but nothing unacceptable, presumably there has been some work on the network?

If it's still ok later I'll cancel the visit unless you think it's worth switching over to a modem connection and going VOIP?

Ah, great to hear it seems to be working 🙂

I've checked things from our side and any issues do now seem to be resolved, as you say no harm in keeping the visit there just to ensure everything stays that way.

Voip is being rolled out area by area, so this isn't something we can manually switch you over to. Once your area is ready you'll be contacted.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for confirming.

Cheers