cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead again

Ahudso13
Tuning in

Our landline is dead yet again - 5th time in 2 months, and only 18 days since the last outage.

Service status says no problems so waited 25 mins on the telephone to be told there's a problem with the box and will be fixed in the next 5 to 24 hours. When pressed, was told engineer finishes at 7pm but will be at the box early in the morning.

This is so annoying and frustrating. If there's a fault with the box at the end of the street, get it sorted once and for all!

Has anyone else experienced recurrent loss of service on landline and how did it get fixed? 

31 REPLIES 31

Ahudso13
Tuning in

Latest update 

Landline is dead. 14 days since the last time. Now on 15 times since March 2022

Cannot switch to Internet phone as not yet available in our area (DN4)

Can't get an engineer to visit as each time they book one it gets cancelled as the fault appears as an area outage. 

Online status page never shows any problem in the area.

Now looking at other providers for landline only options.

Hi @Ahudso13

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing ongoing landline issues. I have check the system at our side and can see that there is an outage raised in the area.  You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. The estimated end date currently is 26/08/2022 at 03:05 in the morning. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues tomorrow and we'll check for updates. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

That's what I have been informed by the support line.

Questions 

1 why does the online status check never show any problems?

2 why does this keep happening every 14 or so days?

3 is it ever going to be fixed permanently?

4 when will internet phone be available in my area so we can switch over and hopefully stop this problem from recurring?

Thanks for coming back to us Ahudso13,

Unfortunately, our service status page does not always reflect an area fault is only a small number of customers have been affected by this outage, however our service status number should record a more accurate fix time when the issue will be resolved. If you ever need to call this number in the future use 0800 561 0061.

Faults do happen from time to time, and we can only apologise for any disruption and inconvenience caused when these do occur, we cannot give you an answer why every two weeks this fault is happening as we are not made aware what the cause of the issue is.

You will be notified when your area becomes available for the home phone switch over. We are making this change area by area, currently we do not have a date for you area, but you will be changed at this present time.

For more information on the switch over, please check the link here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Jodi, it's just so frustrating that this keeps happening, all of the calls can bee seen on our account yet no further action is taken to investigate why this keeps happening so frequently. 

I'm getting a dial tone now - and just had one of those Amazon iPhone spam calls 🙄

I'll just have to keep ringing each time our landline goes down, or look at getting a landline from somewhere else. 

Oh and the link you provided doesn't work, I just get a 'Node not found' page

Thanks for coming back to me Ahudso13,

We're pleased that your landline is back up and running for you, however we fully understand the frustration caused when you are not advised what has caused the fault in the first place.

I do apologise that the link I included has not worked for you. Please try the alternative one here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover.

With regards to these nuisance calls your receiving you can use the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/block-nuisance-calls to try and reduce these or block them from your line.

We would not like to lose you as a loyal valued customer over this issue, however, we can certainly understand your reasons why in the circumstances.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Ahudso13
Tuning in

Landline is dead YET AGAIN! Lasted 12 days this time. Currently on hold waiting to report it.

Anybody know who we can write to about this recurring problem? Not Customer Services as they can't help us, need someone who can escalate this.

Hi @Ahudso13,

I am very sorry to hear that you appear to be experiencing some further issues with your landline services. Please do let us know how the call with the team goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Apparently yet another local outage.  No idea how long it will be off this time.

Only option to complain is through the online form on VM website which I've just submitted.

Getting increasingly frustrated with this. I just want it fixing.

A recurrent local outage needs investigating and resolving as a priority,  not a sticking plaster approach that seems to be the case.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ahudso13

Thanks for your reply!

My apologies for the inconvenience, the team will look to have the area issue investigated and resolved as soon as possible - I understand your frustration and I hope the team have this resolved quickly for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs