cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead again

Ahudso13
Tuning in

Our landline is dead yet again - 5th time in 2 months, and only 18 days since the last outage.

Service status says no problems so waited 25 mins on the telephone to be told there's a problem with the box and will be fixed in the next 5 to 24 hours. When pressed, was told engineer finishes at 7pm but will be at the box early in the morning.

This is so annoying and frustrating. If there's a fault with the box at the end of the street, get it sorted once and for all!

Has anyone else experienced recurrent loss of service on landline and how did it get fixed? 

31 REPLIES 31

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ahudso13

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post!

Sorry to hear about the issue with your telephone line, have the team informed you the issue will be resolved by morning? If work is continuing at the cabinet this should bring a stop to your reoccurring issues.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_m

I was told it would be resolved in the next 5 to 24 hours. I had to push for information about where the fault was and asked specifically whether the fault was in the box at the end of the street (the big green junction box that serves this street).

Engineers should be there 'early in the morning'. But I have no faith that they will be.

My frustration is that this is a recurring issue since March and the only way we know there's a problem is if we try to make a call.

I think this is a cunning ploy 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ahudos13

Thank you for your reply

If the team have informed you that the engineer will be there in the morning I can assure you they will be, this shows us a fault is logged and our team will look to have the issue resolved as soon as they possibly can.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Service status still showing no problem on any of our services 🤔

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ahudso13

Thanks for your response

Depending on the type of outage the service status checker does not sometimes pick up on these, I will drop you a private message now so I can gain access to your account and clarify if an issue is ongoing.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Landline is now working - we have a dial tone.

See how long it lasts this time

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ahudso13

Thanks for the reply and also thank you for confirming those details via Private Message

Great to hear your landline is now back online! I hope you have a great weekend, be sure to keep us updated if anything changes 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Guess what - landline has gone down yet again! 3rd time in 4 weeks now.

This is getting beyond a joke, especially as Virgin were working in our area last week to fix some issues!

Currently on hold waiting to get through to report the fault.

Hi Ahudso13, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that your landline telephone service is down. I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R