cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead AGAIN

butler53
Joining in

Land line not working again - I keep contacting you making an appointment - you then text saying it has been fixed. 

I then test and it hasn’t so have to make another appointment - this goes on and on like this - how do you talk to someone or actually get an engineer to visit.

Next thing is to cancel the whole thing and go with sky.

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @butler53

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forum, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your landline, I have checked and I cannot currently see any issue in your area that could be causing an issue.

Can I ask what exactly is happening with the line? Do you have a dial tone at all? Is the phone connected to a master or extension socket and are there any other pieces of equipment attached here? 

Thank you. 

Each time we have no dial tone, when you ring us it is engaged. It is plugged into the master socket and there is nothing else plugged in.

Thank you for confirming, I think it would best for us to arrange for an engineer to come and attend for us, this way we can keep check and make sure the appointment goes ahead. 

I'll pop you a PM now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

steveirene2020
Tuning in

hi,  same  problem with me in hebburn, south tyneside. my landline dial tone went off 12 dec . reported fault using friends  phone. engineer booked then cancelled by virgin. informed it is network fault. phone working on 24th dec . its been off again from 1st jan  . cannot contact virgin to report fault.its now 5th jan.  will cancel contract & go with another company if this is not fixed. fed up with virgin.

Hi there @steveirene2020

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you are also effected by a loss of a landline. I have checked and I cannot see that there are any outages in your area that could be causing this. 

Can I just confirm, are you connected at the mains or extension socket and are there any other pieces of equipment attached at this point? 

Thanks again

hi, we use 1 phone connected directly to a wall socket in living room. no extensions. have tried 2 different phones. still no dial tone. i will try to phone virgin again. if i do not get this landline fixed , then virgin can arrange to collect their equipment. we have been customers of virgin for around 16 years. i have had enough.

Thank you for updating me @steveirene2020 and I'm so sorry to hear that these fixes have not helped. 

I think it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look, I'll pop you a PM now to arrange, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

hi, again. just phoned virgin at 7pm-7.30 pm tonight gave all account details but.password & email i registered with not recognised by virgin, keep getting asked same question .do you have a dial tone. & asked same questions over & over again. i would not of walked to a friends house to use their virgin land line.if my landline/dial tone was working. after over 30 mins .i put phone down, as im not getting anywhere with these call centre people. cant understand accents at times. was informed my previous bill would be reduced due to this problem. it was not. get your act together virgin.

Hi there @steveirene2020

Please pop back to me via the private message I have sent you and we will arrange an engineer to come out.