cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline crackling, can't make or recieve calls

Nicoladavies75
Joining in

We had an engineer fix our phone line a few months ago, now it's crackling again, no dial tone, and no one can phone us. We think the rain is getting on the wiring, either on the wall outside, or the connections under the pavement near the road. Can an engineer come out to sort It? We have a phone upstairs too, which is the same, so it's not the socket 

2 REPLIES 2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nicoladavies75,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline at the moment!  I can understand that this can be very frustrating for you.

Have you taken a look at our online Landline Faults page to see if this can help with your issue? Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

I have been able to locate your account and, after running some basic checks, I can see that there are some issues with your landline connection. In order to look into this further, I will need to discuss this with you over Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nicoladavies75,

Thank you for chatting to me via Private Message. I have been able to book you in for the first available appointment that is suitable for you for your landline issue. 

You can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs