cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline connection to Hub 3 Router

D30sy
Joining in

As requested I have connected my Panasonic DECT3 cordless handset to my my Hub 3 Router - using the adapter, provided by VM - into the port label Tel1, reset the router and the phone and all the handset has displayed since then (28/03/23) is a message stating “Check Phone Line” and there is no dial tone when it is picked up. Please be advised that I have tried calling my landline from two different mobile networks and nothing happens and in addition that when I have logged into the router to check the status of the phone service, the home page shows a green phone icon and its status as “ready”.

I am considering obtaining a cable with an RJ11 connection on each end to connect the phone directly to the router, as it would rule out a possible fault with the adapter provided and be a neater solution as the handset and router are physically next to each other, is this technically feasible?

I received a message from Virgin Media on the 1st of May, stating the service should now be live on my router and patently it isn’t, as nothing has changed with regards to the status of my landline service since I completed the requested changeover, four days previously and having tried to report the fault directly, via my mobile, the issue is still not resolved and I am beginning to get frustrated by what I perceive to be a lack of support from Virgin Media.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

It is quite likely that an RJ11 to RJ11 cable will work with the Hub & your phone.

I'd focus on VM resolving the connection via their adaptor as the first step, and then move on to cable elegance !

I found a cable with RJ11 on each end and once installed, voila, I have a working phone. Probably more luck, rather than judgement, as the “standard” for RJ11 pin connections is subject to variation and I just happened to have the correct variation! Anyhow thanks for your consideration.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @D30sy,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline connection after your Home Phone Switchover! 

Glad to see that you've been able to rectify this issue with the support of @Client62. Happy to hear that you have a working phone now!

If you need any further help, please let us know. We'll be happy to assist! 😊 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs