cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline calls cutting out

TomEpps
Joining in

Calls to Italy get cut off after 15 mins. Calls to other countries seem fine. Been happening for two weeks. 

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TomEpps

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the calling issue. So we can help further, can you confirm - are the calls being made from your landline or your mobile?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

It's my landline (as it says in the subject line)

Tom 

Hey Tom.

Thanks for coming back - apologies, I meant to say are you calling Italian landlines or mobiles (blame the time of day for that reply haha)

Are any numbers in the UK also affected?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for getting back and clarifying.

I'm calling an Italian landline. I phoned an Australian landline at the weekend with no problems at all. 

If my Italian friend calls me, there is no problem. 

Every call to the Italian landline for the last couple of weeks has spontaneously disconnected after 15 minutes. 

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks, Tom 

Thanks for confirming, Tom.

Is this all Italian landlines or just this 1 in particular? 

Are you dialing the number manually or from the addressbook in the phone/speed dial?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

There's only one Italian number I ring. Sorry - haven't tried ringing any other Italian numbers. I generally use redial on my handset. 

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us @TomEpps 

I would like to look into the issue you're having with the calls cutting out.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

The cutting out problem has reoccurred. Now cutting out after about 6.5 minutes. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TomEpps,

Thank you for coming back to our Community Forums with an update on your landline issue and I'm very sorry to hear that your problem has re-occurred! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Can you please clarify if this issue is exactly the same as last time and that this is just impacting your calls to the one Italian number, or is this impacting your calls to other numbers and other countries - UK and otherwise?

Let us know so we can help investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs