cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline calls cutting out

Di1951
Tuning in

Landline calls cutting out after varying periods of time. Engineer has been out and tested everything within the home and local boxes. After discovering many other local Virgin home phone customers in the localised area I informed the engineer. He was told to try something else, which still didn’t work. He then had to pass it over to ‘the network’ as apparently the fault is to do with a problem with power supply (not to my home directly) and they are meant to be fixing it. The engineer has been very helpful. 

However, over 4 weeks since the issue started and the network knew of the problem plus many, many hours (4 yesterday) on the telephone to India, Teeside and America no one can tell me when the issue will be fixed. In fact all they want to do is to keep going through the same process of have you tried another handset, is the phone connected directly into the Virgin socket then speak to a supervisor and say we will have to send another engineer. When I inform them the engineer has been and he can’t fix the problem and has passed it to the network I get transferred to another department and the same process happens again. Yesterday on a call to the supposedly technical team in India (after being transferred from Teeside and previous to that America) the lady asked me to close the call from my mobile and she would ring me on the landline. Guess what she got cut off AND she didn’t call back. 
A further call this morning resulted in me asked all the same questions, being told they need to send and engineer and when I said there is no point the engineer has said he can’t fix it, it’s a network issue, I was told that you will just have to wait then! 

No one seems to be taking this seriously at the other end of the phone, and disregarding my request to be a) informed of the current situation, apparently they have no records or access to engineers reports for faults they have attended b) disregard to the fact this is a service I am paying for and a contract Virgin agreed to provide. c) I’ve asked about compensation and been told until the issue is fixed they can’t look at compensation. I JUST WANT THE ISSUE FIXED! I sent hours and hours on the phones, raised 2 complaints, for which I have case numbers and absolutely nothing. 

Can anyone help please!

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Di1951,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the line, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and looking at the issue this is something that we need to arrange an engineer for. 

Please let me know if you're happy for me to arrange this.

Alex_Rm

I’ve spoken to the original engineer this morning, who has been very helpful. He has said the network are now saying there isn’t a problem when clearly there is. He has emailed his manager to ask what next but believes another appointment will have to be booked and he is arranging that and is going to text me a date. Perhaps you could look into that for me. 
He also pointed out that asking others to report the problem would enable Virgin to see it as a local, not individual problem. Therefore I have taken to social media and asked on a neighbourhood group for others, who have said on a post last week, they are experiencing the same problem. 
I really hope this issue is sorted very soon as I’m now loosing faith in Virgin and am strongly considering moving elsewhere because of the dreadful customer service when there is a problem. 
Whilst hear can you please inform me also about Amazon Prime Free for 12 months. I’ve been offered this at the weekend and was told I would receive a voucher code. Although I’ve had notification and a new copy contract showing this I’ve not received a code. Does this arrive by email or post? 

Thank you. 

Hi Di1951,

More than happy to arrange the technician visit for you, You can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

The Amazon voucher should be sent via email, can you confirm if there is anything in your spam inbox?

Alex_Rm

Thank you. I have checked the appointment date and that is fine. 
For your information another local resident experiencing the same problem, who has also been reporting the problem daily, has tonight got through to the level 2 technical department. They have said they will email the area engineering manager and my engineer has also told me today he has emailed his manager stating exactly the problem and the steps he had taken. 

With regard to the Amazon code nothing is in my spam/junk box but I have received the email showing it on my new contract, just no code! 

Thank you for your support. 

Thanks for checking that for me,

I'll pop you over a private message to get a few more details, then I can let you know this.

Alex_Rm

dazkgoodwin
On our wavelength

We joined Virgin Media in January 2021, on their top Ultimate Oomph bundle.  Ever since the landline has never worked properly, outgoing audio keeps cutting out, then eventually the calls just goes dead.  An engineer visited before Christmas but did not sort the fault.  Teams video calls also freeze on outgoing video (I suspect the same data upload fault is causing both issues).  Thank god they've just announced a price rise, now I can leave them ASAP.

Hey @dazkgoodwin,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

What did the engineer advise about the issues and why they couldn't fix the problem?

Regards,

Steven_L

He said they couldn't find any faults at my end with the equipment, didn't give any explanation why it might be happening, and then no-one ever contacting me to check if the fault had been resolved.  Which it hasn't.   Virgin media know i'm not imagining it, cos it kept cutting off the customer service team when I was on the phone to them!

I'm so sorry to hear this @dazkgoodwin and thank you for letting us know. 

Just to check, have you ever had another handset tried on the line at all?

Thank you.