cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline call charges

D3wa1
Joining in

Hi,

I’ve just signed up with Virgin Media. I have a Talk More Anytime plan - however, I have been charged almost £12 for calling a mobile number beginning with 07424. Can anyone please explain why this might be as my plan included calls to any landline and UK mobiles and this number is certainly a UK mobile number and it's registered in the UK? I have rung this number from my EE mobile without any problem, it worked as part of my inclusive minutes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @D3wa1 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you've been charged for calls you expect to be covered by your call plan.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @D3wa1 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you've been charged for calls you expect to be covered by your call plan.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@D3wa1 wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just signed up with Virgin Media. I have a Talk More Anytime plan - however, I have been charged almost £12 for calling a mobile number beginning with 07424. Can anyone please explain why this might be as my plan included calls to any landline and UK mobiles and this number is certainly a UK mobile number and it's registered in the UK? I have rung this number from my EE mobile without any problem, it worked as part of my inclusive minutes. 

This has been mentioned more than a few times on here. 07424 is a 'Mobile WiFi' no. and VM charge for these. No easy way to tell from the dial code, it looks like a mobile no. To find which codes are which you have to refer to VM's 218 page call charges manual

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Cal...

07424 is on page 102 showing FW7 charging code. AIUI, the FW codes are chargeable wifi mobile and codes FM1 to FM17 are included in your package.

Refer to the footnotes on the bottom of page 5 in the slightly smaller 'Everyday Call Charges' manual (only 33 pages!)

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

A somewhat questionable practice IMO when the customer has to refer to a 218 page manual to double check if they are going to be charged or not for a particular call.

Hi goslow 
Thank you for the prompt reply - I certainly didn't know about these charges and that this specific mobile number is classed as WiFi. 

Thank God I checked my account when I did otherwise I would have been none the wiser and continued to call that number. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have to say that anomalies like this are not confined to Virgin. The vast majority of other telco providers do not include WiFi based mobiles (which use digital data type transmission rather than normal voice calls) on their call plans. A move to full VoIP that will happen in 2025 should remove this anomaly, but for the time being we should be wary of the numbers we call.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks