cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline and Password Security

AimeeWallace87
Joining in

Hey I’ve been having trouble with our landline a technician came out and unplugged our landline to install a new cable. He was unable to install it due to drilling purposes. In the meantime when he left, our landline isn’t working at all. I’ve been trying to call on my mobile and forgot the Security Password to access my dads account with Virgin over the phone. I’m Autistic and have trouble remembering passwords. We need to get an emergency technician out to sort our problem out as we need our phone to contact our family and for Emergency purposes. 

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for confirming. OK so is there a dial tone or just nothing? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

There isn’t a dial tone 

Thanks for coming back to us. I have done another check on the system, there is a note about the cable routing not been agreed, did you agree to that afterwards or is this part of the reason why the service isn't working? 

If the cable route was agreed, can you confirm; 

Has another handset been tried if possible? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We are stuck we don’t know our Security Password to confirm my dads account. We’ve been trying everything nothing works. Could you please help us with this as it might resolve our issue with phoning on my mobile phone. I’m Autistic and find it hard with technical difficulties and my dad is a OAP and finds it difficult to resolve problems with our technology. 

Yes it is and we’ve said yes to the rerouting. We was given the impression that the phone line would still work and not be disconnected. As the technician disconnected everything and put it back and then he left. We thought that it would be the same after he connected it because he didn’t test it to see if it was working. 

Thanks. I will send you a PM now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team