cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline adapter for HUB 4

stevegibson1956
Joining in

Have now tried three times to make headway. (Twice to India and one to The Philippines, (do you not have call centres in the UK?).

I have requested the adaptor and cable as laid out on page 17 of the installation instructions. Thought we had done it in one as the first call INDIA said would send it out will be approx 2-3 DAYS NOW THREE WEEKS!

Second call INDIA, end up being accused of not knowing what I was talking about. Very Rude. No further.

Third call this morning 22 minute wait (not bad, have known worse). Ended up another 24 minutes later with her saying she would have to find details of what I was referring to. After another 1o minutes the line went dead.

15 REPLIES 15

Why do I need to send a text to a number that up until now was not known about. It would be nice for someone from Virgin Media was to call me to sort this issue out.

@stevegibson1956 wrote:

Why do I need to send a text to a number that up until now was not known about. It would be nice for someone from Virgin Media was to call me to sort this issue out.

The topic seems to have got a little convoluted.

Are you a new VM customer trying just to complete setup of the phone?

If you are simply after the adapter for the phone, then the forum team should be able to arrange for one to be dropped off to you as offered at message #2 above. This happens regularly on the forum for missing phone adapters.

Hi stevegibson1956

I suggested that as you mentioned you need VOIP setting up 

What set up have you got now, is it a traditional line through a Socket 

If so then we are not able to make changes on here 

If you simply need the adapter

Than I can ask for a technician to drop one through the letter box 

Gareth_L

We have been customers since Noah was a lad (COMCAST DAYS) we had a fault which an engineer came out and between us cobbled together a fix so the landline worked.

The engineer said to change to 21st century voice which I take to mean VOIP. Unfortunately we were unable to remember the account password so  engineer was unable top swap over at that time.

It took around 7 weeks for VM to send the password and since then been going round in circles. Which going by other comments regarding VM the back-up is not the best in the world!

@stevegibson1956 wrote:

We have been customers since Noah was a lad (COMCAST DAYS) we had a fault which an engineer came out and between us cobbled together a fix so the landline worked.

The engineer said to change to 21st century voice which I take to mean VOIP. Unfortunately we were unable to remember the account password so  engineer was unable top swap over at that time.

<snip>

That clarifies. VM do sometimes seem to offer to move customers to 21CV as an alternative to repairing faults on existing lines.

Did the VM technician go through some of the limitations of the 21CV connection? In detail below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

and summarised as

• the phone line may not work (probably will not work) if there is a power outage or the hub is not online
  • you will need to get existing phone extension sockets around the home wired into the new hub connection (does not happen that reliably via VM as part of the changeover process based on regular posts about it on here)
  • you will need to ensure that any existing equipment which uses the existing line (burglar alarms, personal/care/medical alarms etc. etc.) is reconnected and is compatible with 21CV

Many posting on here who have moved to 21CV (either through choice or otherwise) are unaware of these limitations.

At some point before 2025, everyone will be moved over. If your existing analogue line is unreliable then making the move may be worthwhile, keeping the above in mind.

Hi @stevegibson1956,

Sorry to hear of the experience you've had with this. Would you like us to contact an engineer to drop off the adapter?

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide