cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline/VOIP Problems

Nashota
Tuning in

For the week we've been having issues with our landline, it's been crackling really bad, when people have tried to call it would ring for them 1 - 2 times, crackle and hang up, and from our side it's been very loud crackling with a fair dialing tone, it doesn't even ring on our side when someone calls. So I reported it and they sent out a tech yesterday, he mentioned about people being switched over to VOIP in the next 6 - 12 months and did we want to do it now rather than later, so we agreed. I also had a hub 5 upgrade that we were going to install, but he did that also.. however, the VOIP still isn't working and our net has disconnected a few times today, I'm assuming it's trying to connect to the phone, I also noticed in the router it says telephoney error. The tech asked us to call him if we were still having problems but we now can't get a hold of him.

I just want my phone line fixed, this is the 8th day we've not been able to use the landline. Might need to request credit on the bill at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nashota

Sorry this has happened 

I need to be the bearer of bad news

VOIP is only available now with the Hub3

The Hub5 wont allow this to work 

I can arrange for this to be switched back to Hub 3 if that helps

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Other topics on the hub 5 have mentioned that it is not ready to carry the VM 21CV phone service yet.

Customers with a phone connection from the hub should not have been sent a hub 5. Those affected have had to go back to the hub 3.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Hub-5-phone-line-isnt-working/td-p/4885307

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nashota

Sorry this has happened 

I need to be the bearer of bad news

VOIP is only available now with the Hub3

The Hub5 wont allow this to work 

I can arrange for this to be switched back to Hub 3 if that helps

Gareth_L

I wanted to mark both yours and Gareth's response as helpful 😞

As I was reading this, the tech called me so I told him what had been said on here. He said he'd look into it. Luckily our previous hub is 3.0, so he could just reinstall that?

Is it correct that the landlines are being changed to VOIP in the next 6 - 12 months? He's said that a couple of times now.

That was great timing Nashota

Lets hope he gets this done sooner rather than later 

It is true about the upgrades to VOIP

The sheer amount of Customers we need to contact and upgrade it will take a good 6-12 months minimum 

Gareth_L

If you dealing with it will help get the situation sorted out faster then yes please, because as I said in my other post, the tech has said he's going to look into it.

He said to us that the 5.0 routers didn't work fully yet, then when he spoke to someone on the phone, they told him that they do, that's why he installed it but otherwise he was going to stick with the 3.0 hub.

I just want my landline back.

Sorry Gareth, I missed your post.

Ok, I'll try and wait for him to get back to us, but if it's too long, I'll post back on here again if that's ok?

Thanks for the info and for offering to help.

Hi Nashota

Lets get this sorted then 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_

So the tech called back and he's talking about installing the hub 4? I told him what had been said on here again.

See how the visit goes Nashota, and wait to see if the line is working before he leaves 

I know the Hub 4 does work with VOIP

Gareth_L