cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - Unable to receive calls or make calls

Jayess79
Joining in

Unable to receive calls or make calls. Bought a new handset but still does not work. We have tried everything suggested but still do not have a landline that works.

We are pensioners and rely on this phone.

Please send an engineer as soon as possible 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayess79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your landline is still not working despite trying everything your end, I have been able to locate the account for you and have had a look, there doesn't appear to be any issues at all and none picked up with diagnostics, did you try removing everything from the wall socket including any extensions, filters?

Regards

Paul.

We have tried removing everything and still cannot make or receive calls.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Jayess79,

Thank you for the response.

I am sorry that it is still not working, I located your account and the handset is showing as unreachable. Is it not plugged in at the moment? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It is plugged in and this is the problem we are dealing with. The handset rings once and then becomes engaged or call not connected. Unable to phone out.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for this information @Jayees79,

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a plum envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Jayess79,

Thank you for talking to me in private, I am glad that we have got an engineer booked. 

Please do keep me updated on how it goes 🙂

Have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

The engineer called and fixed the problem so thanks for your help. However we are still experiencing crackle on the line so will try and phone to see if this problem can be fixed.

Thanks for the update @Jayess79, and we're pleased that the line is now working.

Do feel free to update us with how the call goes, but you are welcome to continue to work with us here on the Community Forum if you wish

Kindest regards,

David_Bn