cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Switchover Concerns

Tuftybagpuss
Tuning in

Hi all. My elderly mum has VM TV and a landline, so no broadband/Wi-Fi. She does not possess a mobile and neither wants or needs broadband, but needs a phone to enable doctor surgery, hospital and family/friend calls. Is her only option now to cancel her VM landline and take out a mobile phone contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

To support the transition from analogue telephone wall sockets VM will supply a Hub just for the purpose of connecting and operating the telephone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Client62
Hero

To support the transition from analogue telephone wall sockets VM will supply a Hub just for the purpose of connecting and operating the telephone.

Thanks for your reply. Ah, so the hub provided is basically a limited band broadband connection specifically for the telephone. Next question(!) she has DECT phones with one in the living room and another next to her bed. Are DECT handsets compatible with a VM hub and if so will both still work?

The Hub will not offer Broadband only Telephone.

The DECT phone will be fine, the DECT base will be connected to the Hub as shown below

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

Thank you for your very helpful answer. I will now be able to assuage my mum’s fears regarding this…..hopefully!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Tuftybagpuss, and a very warm welcome to you!

Pleased to read that @Client62, has been quick off the mark today, to put your concerns to bed.

Do feel free to return to our Community Forums, if any further assistance is required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David. My mum is elderly, in poor health and is hearing impaired and doesn’t understand modern technology in any case. Is there a way to book a technician visit online or via a chat function to enable them provide her with a hub for her telephone? Whilst I probably shouldn’t be, I am the contact point for her account via email, I’m the one logging into her account to ensure payments are made and I am dealing with any ‘online’ matters for her.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The internet hub (& Broadband) will be needed if the OP wants to continue with VM TV services anyway, as both V6 & V360 boxes require an internet connection to work. The 500Gb TiVO they currently have is being phased out.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to me @Tuftybagpuss.

We would be able to assist with this, but this does require data protection to be passed on an account.

Would you be in a position to run through data protection with either myself or a member of our team?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes I would. I take it my mum doesn’t have to be here (she isn’t)