cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Stopped Working when Switched New Hub Over - Help?

Sair_32
Tuning in

Hi

I received new Hub 5.0 to replace old hub 3.0. Before this was installed everything was working fine. 

Once I installed this, my landline stopped working. I followed all help as per your website for landline but nothing has worked. 

When you now call the landline it takes you straight through to your answer service. Occasionally it will ring & then you can’t hear anyone or it’s all crackly! 
Also frequently tells me there is a problem with the connected line.

There are no status faults as I have been checking quite regularly.

Can someone please help me in regards to this??

Thanks Sarah

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it possible you've plugged In an old obsolete smaller wire into the hubs ethernet ports?

Not that I’m aware of just the same as it has been with previous hub.

Hi Sair_32, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline service since the Hub 5 was installed. 

Taking a look at things this end, your line hasn't been switchover to digital yet so the landline handset should go back to being plugged into the socket at the wall. 

Please give this a try and let us know if this resolves things for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

it is plugged into the wall & is still having all the same issues!?!

Sarah

Hi Sair_32, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Taking a look at things this end, there are no open area faults affecting the landline services so this looks more like an individual issue. There are a few checks I will need you to go through. Can you let me know the following please:

➡ Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?

➡ If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?

➡ When calling any number, do you get any tone?

➡ When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Apologies for late reply!

I don’t have another another telephone or socket to try to see if that works.

Previously sometimes in the day I would have a tone to make a call. But when I did make a call, it was all crackly & was hard to hear the person on the other side.

Then the other times there was no tone to make any calls. But occasionally a call would be made to my phone. I had no idea who this was as my display stated either internal or external on my phone. Never registered on my display as a number. I couldn’t tell who it was & when tried to answer couldn’t here anybody or it would just go dead.

I have since unplugged & re-plugged in, but now it’s just states on my phone there is a connection issue.

I have no idea what has happened as all I have done is changed my hub which shouldn’t of affected my phone.

Any other advice?? As it could be the socket, phone, or line connection.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Sarah

Thanks for getting back to us Sarah,

It looks like an engineer will be needed, before I can arrange this I'll need to confirm a few details with you. I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm