cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - Severe crackling

ikirkpatrick
Joining in

Hi,

My landline quality at the moment is terrible, the crackling is so severe I can barely make out what the other person is saying. Can someone please advise on next steps to get this issue resolved?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ikirkpatrick,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline quality. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help.

Just to clarify, how long has this issue been ongoing? Have you checked the back of your device to see if the cables are in good condition and secure? Have you also checked here for any local faults? virg.in/service

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

The issue has been ongoing for a couple of weeks now. 

I have checked the cables between the telephone and the wall socket, and they are in good order.

There are also no issues in our area, which makes me think that it could be a specific issue with out landline.

What is the next step to getting this issue resolved?

Thanks for getting back to us ikirkpatrick,

Are you able to confirm whether the phone is plugged into an extension or the master socket?

Have you been able to test a different handset?

Alex_Rm

I have tested using another handset (this was a new phone, with a new cable between the phone and wall socket) and the line is still crackles. The issue doesn't look to be related to our phone handset or the cable to the wall socket. 

Could you tell me how I can schedule a visit from an engineer to resolve the issue please? 

Thanks

Hi @ikirkpatrick, thanks for your post again and I'm sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing.

I'm more than happy to arrange this for you - please expect a PM to arrive shortly as I just need to confirm some details with you first.

Please expect this PM to arrive in a minute and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ikirkpatrick, thanks a lot for your confirmation of details requested last night.

I've managed to book in a technician for you you'll be pleased to know - I can't confirm the details of this publicly, but you'll see the date and time if you sign into your My Virgin Media app and will be able to reschedule it there too.

If the issue for the technician's apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

You'll also get a confirmation text message of the appointment, but any problems please PM me and I'll get it sorted 🙂

Many thanks

Tom_W