cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Service

rozzaj
Tuning in

Surprised to learn that Virgin landline is not already available everywhere, how is the rollout going?

When will it be available in East London????

Thanks

Roz

8 REPLIES 8

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @rozzaj, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please elaborate on this for me? Are you referring to landline services that are used via the router?

Or are you perhaps referring to a landline issue you're currently experiencing? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn  Thanks for your message.

Virgin Media do not have landline service in my area, apparently.  

I called customer service about 2months ago as I saw online that Broadband and Landline was available as a package but they said there is no landline service in my area yet as!  The representative was also surprised at the message on his screen, after all it is 2021 and not 1982!

Is that even possible that virgin media do not have landline availability in all areas of London?!

Thanks for coming back to me @rozzaj, how very odd!

If you can send me a private message with your postcode, I'll seek to contact the area field manager to see if I can find out any information on the availability of the landline services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me via private message @rozzaj

Can you please tell me if you have been advised of any construction issues or way leave that may be required in your local area for your this service to be installed at your property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi @David_bn,

No, there was no real explanation beside completed surprise.  If I go onto the site now it asks for my postcode then asks for my details.  There is then a message to say someone will be in contact.

No one has been in contact.

Thank you for trying!

Roz

Thanks for coming back to me

I'll seek to speak to our area field managers to see if I can find out anymore information for you

Kindest regards,

David

Thanks David,

I appreciate your efforts.  I hope they will be able to shed some light on it because it is very strange!

Regards

Roz

Good Afternoon @rozzaj,

I've been issued with a response from the area field manager and has advised that your area is in the process of switching over to 21CV - and this therefore means what are now being considered as old fashioned copper lines will no longer be installed.

Would you be interested in having the landline service ran via the router?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn