cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Problem

Darren_G1
Joining in

Hello. Our landline has a problem which I cannot resolve.

There is no dial tone and external calls do not connect.

I have tried the automated service status test (with two different handsets) which says the line is OK but does not provide any further options other than to repeat the test.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Darren_G1, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the landline issues. 

Can you please advise me if you're connected to the master socket or an extension socket for the landline services?

If you can also disconnect any equipment that you have from the extension sockets, that would also be helpful

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good Morning David,

Thank you for your speedy reply.

I tried the handsets in the Master Socket, which does not have any extensions; we use wireless handsets from a base station connected to the master socket. I also tested with a normal non-wireless handset which works OK in our other VM Business telephone line (also no extensions).

FYI: We recently received new neighbours and saw telephone engineers working inside the trap outside our house over several non-consecutive days.

With kind regards, Darren.

Thanks for coming back to me @Darren_G1

Can you please confirm that the landline you're referring to is that of a residential contract and not a business contract? 

Sadly we don't deal with business accounts on our Community Forums, so would be helpful to know if we can indeed assist you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I can confirm that the telephone line with the problem is on a residential contract.

Sorry for the confusion. I simply took the telephone handset from a working line (VM business) to test the residential line.

The residential line does not have a dial tone, and external calls are not connecting.

Kind regards, Darren

Thanks @Darren_G1, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll be happy to assist you further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn