cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Phone Says There Is An Outstanding Message When There Isn't

B79T-d
Joining in

Recently I have had a couple of examples where my landline shows a message . I listen to it and delete it. But the phone still shows i have a message along with the ring tone . There doesn't now appear a command to exit voicemail any more 

The phone will eventually clear itself  and everything goes back to normal after an hour or so  .For me this is a irritating little niggle. 

Is there a way/command  to exit voicemail so that this doesn't happen . I just have the basic landline voicemail service 

Any solution would be appreciated

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi B79T-d,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. This is a strange one, as you have stated you've already listened to your message and deleted it, however it is still showing as not listened too and the broken dial tone.

I have checked our features guide on your behalf and there doesn't seem to be any other way you can exit your voicemails. We have included the guide here for your reference https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

We understand the annoyance this issue is causing, and I have asked if there are any other work arounds regarding this particular issue.

As soon as I have any further information, I will post back.

Kind regards Jodi.