cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not working

deutsch
Joining in

All our services went down last night.  Landline not working this morning both incoming and outgoing calls. Mobile signal poor so can't call help line.

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @deutsch 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! I can see that there are no outages in your area that could be effecting this. 

Do you have a dial tone at all? 

Can I ask if your phone is plugged in to the main socket? If so do you have any other pieces of equipment connected here and how many? 

Thank you. 

Many thanks for your reply. 

I have no dial tone and have asked someone to ‘phone my landline and they just get an engaged tone.  I have tried an alternative ‘phone and this doesn’t work either.  All, our services went down last night as we were going to bed, TV, internet and ‘phone.  This morning TV and internet have been restored but not the ‘phone line.  My mobile signal is poor so I can’t ring the help line.  Can you help please?

Thank you for confirming this for me @deutsch and I will do all I can to help on this. 

Can you just confirm if you are connected at the mains socket and whether there are any other pieces of equipment there? 

Thank you. 

The 'phone is connected to the main 'phone line into the house so not via a mains socket. 

That's fine thank you. 

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can look into this a little bit further and get something sorted for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Hello again @deutsch 

Thanks so much for your private message, I have now booked you a visit for your landline – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.