cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not Working

DrakkenUK
Joining in

Our landline has been intermittently available and not available for weeks if not months now, mostly not available recently.  When I activate the handset, all I can hear is crackling and hissing on the line.  My handset (Panasonic KX-TGJ320E base station and two other wireless handsets on charging bases) occasionally states 'Line in Use' as well.  

When I call my number from a mobile, I get an engaged tone.

As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed in my physical installation or contracted service and the phones have been working for a number of years prior to this.  The 'Service Status' check keeps saying there is nothing known to be an issue in my area (TN16)

How do I resolve this?  We have elderly family members who rely on being able to call us and they cannot cope with using mobile phones to call us.  What do I need to do to get this rectified ASAP please?

2 REPLIES 2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there DrakkenUK,

Thanks for raising your concerns and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the service issues regarding the landline, just from checking our service I can't see any area fault as of yet.

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM DrakkenUK,

The appointment is now booked in for you, if you do for any reason need to reschedule then you can via MyVM.

Let us know how the appointment goes!

Take care,

Kain