cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - Not Working

Mingin
Joining in

Hello,

I've been through several similar forum posts but can't seem to find the answer to my problem.  My mum has recently gotten a new monthly contract with Virgin for TV / Internet and landline phone.

My issue is that I cannot get the phone to dial out or receive calls though TV and Internet are working fine.

Her previous phone provider was Vodafone though she left several months prior to joining Virgin i.e. it's effectively a new connection though I have put in a request for Virgin to try get her old number back.

I first connected her phone (Panasonic KX-TGK220EW Cordless Telephone DECT) to the old wall socket and got a dial tone but also an automated voice saying the line had been disconnected.

I then thought that maybe her landline connection was now being provided via the Hub 3.0.  I have checked the hub's settings and telephony is enabled and the phone is connected into the Tel 1 socket.  There is no dial tone and I can't dial out.  When I call her landline from my mobile, there is a ringing sound on the mobile call but the landline phone does not register an incoming call.

Any help or suggestions on what the problem might be are much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mingin,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear your Mum is having problems with her landline.

I'll pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and take a closer look into this. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via PM @Mingin and I do apologise for the delayed response. 

I was unable to locate your details and after checking the post code provided, it appears your account is based in Ireland.

We only deal with Virgin Media UK via the Forums. 

Please click here for VM Ireland contact details. 

Many Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs