cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - Nobody can ring in

Davebeel
Joining in

My phone line has not been working for over a week now.  Initially I was on the copper connection and we had nothing on our line, ie no dial tone and went someone phoned in it just rang but my landline did not ring.

I phoned support and they said I should be on the fibre port now so I moved things over (noting I got no notification from VM to move over).  Now I get a dial tone and I can make external calls, but nobody can ring me.  When you call my external number it is as if it does not exist.  

I was told over a week ago to wait until 0930hrs today as there was a problem with the migration and engineers are working on it and the rectification date was today. It has now passed 0930hrs and I still have no external way of dialling my house.  The migration from copper to fibre has been a pure failure and I still have no working phone line.

I accept we get technical issues, but this migration process should have been 100% tested so outages like this don't happen.  If somebody has a medical issue and needed to call for an ambulance virgin media should be held liable.

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Davebeel,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your landline since the landline switchover https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. In this case, I am sending you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs