cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - No Dial tone

Lukey47
Joining in

HI There

I'm trying to report my phone line as out of order but as it's my only means of contacting anyone by phone I'm a little stuck. Can someone please take a look and let me know if there is a live chat service or anything that I can use via the internet to contact someone to look at this for me. I don't have a mobile smart or otherwise so I'm stuck

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lukey47,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline connection!

Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help at all? 

Can you tell us if you have an active dial tone at all? How is your landline connected at the moment, is it connected through the wall socket, or through the broadband Hub?

Have you tried to connect a different handset into the connection to see if that will help?

Let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for taking the time to respond Paulina

The landline faults page just points me to contacting you by phone and I can't do that so I'm pretty frustrated by that experience TBH.

I have no dial tone at all and I can't try another phone as I don't have a spare. I can tell you that it's connected via a wall socket and not the hub if that helps you a bit. Can you check if there's any fault at your end?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lukey47,

Thank you for checking and for coming back to me. I've taken a look at our systems and there is a local SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage that is impacting the TV, Broadband and Landline services in your area.

The Outage Fault number is F010089475 and the current estimated fix time is showing as 12/09/22 at 13:10.

Apologies that this issue has impacted your landline services. Our teams are working hard to have this resolved as soon as possible for you.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on after the current estimated fix time. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry but this is my only means of communication at the moment, so I think that nearly 4 days for a fix time for this is simply unacceptable. Why the delay and how do I make a complaint about this?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

It seems the issue is more complicated for our team to resolve, I will advise that is an estimation so our team will be trying to resolve this as soon as possible as it multiple customer issue.

With regards to a complaint, you can raise one via this link where it will be assigned to the team.

Thanks,

Kain