cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline My voice not heard

CJT999
Joining in

When calling out and receiving calls I can hear them but they can't hear me. Could it be a handset problem or service problem? I've checked I'm not in "secrecy" mode. 

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CJT999, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your phone service. We would need to run a few checks to determine if this is a problem from our side or an equipment issue. 

Do you have another handset that you could test on the line?

Also, can you please check that all cables leading to and from the equipment are secure and without damage? 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Nat, it's a twin handset so have tried both, but I guess it could still be a problem with the base/cradle on the phone that is plugged into the line from the Virgin equipment. I'd be grateful if you could test things before I go and purchase a new phone.

Thanks

Chris

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you. 

I would be happy to take a look at things from our side but I would need to grab a few details via private message if that's okay? 

I will pop this over now and you will be able to access the message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

CJT999
Joining in

VirginMedia did checks and no issue found on the system, so bought a new handset and all seems fine now.

Hi @CJT999, thanks so much for your message confirming everything's sorted - that's great news!

Will pass your message onto Natalie also. Please let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W