cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Faulty

JonnyJacko71
Joining in

Hi, since yesterday morning I have had no dial tone on my landline.  If I call it from my mobile (or anyone calls me) they get a normal ringing tone and it rings on my landline, but when I answer the landline, there is just silence. On my mobile (or the person calling), they just get the ringing tone as if I hadn't answered, and as soon as I hang up my landline it starts ringing again.  I have tried a new corded phone including all new wires but the problem is the same, My telephone plugs directly into the Virgin Media telephone socket on the wall. I have checked the service status and it says there are no faults in my area, which is L20 4TE.

Any help or advice please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JonnyJacko71

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! 

I have taken a look and I think this will require an engineer to take a look. I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JonnyJacko71

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! 

I have taken a look and I think this will require an engineer to take a look. I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.