cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Dead

Palazzo
Dialled in

Seems to be  a common issue at the moment looking at the forum. I've tried another phone in the socket and it doesn't work either. 

Service Status shows no issues. I'm in SM2 7 postcode area.

I don't have an adapter to test with the hub, so can't see if I've been switched without being notified.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you log into the hub it will tell you if 'telephony' is enabled

Thanks. It's in Modem mode and says "Telephony(Disabled)"

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Palazzo, 

Thank you for your message and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline here - I will pop you over a private message so I can confirm some details with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

polly43
Up to speed

My Goodness!  Reading about the problems on here leaves me feeling really worried now.  We've got an engineer coming on Saturday to 'Migrate' our  landline over to fibre.  We are elderly and disabled.  We depend on our landline; it's a lifeline for us.  We can't afford to have it pack up on us so Virgin can save themselves some dosh!  😟 

Don't worry.

I think mine is some other issue - nothing to do with a migration. Just the heat I guess. 

I had a text later this afternoon:

"Hi, it’s Virgin Media. We’ve put your service visit on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We’ll update you when this is fixed."

So I guess there is a bigger issue. It's not fixed yet. 

The aforementioned "...network problem affecting your services" is not shown at all when I check my area Service Status.

Is it possible to get any updates on the cause and fix timeframe?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this. I can see that you was able to speak with our team this morning - they have advised this is resolved for you? Can you let me know if that's the case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes - thanks Ryan. It has been resolved somewhere else in the network and it's working fine now.