cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Dead Yet Again!!!

DL55
Tuning in

I have had issues in the past when the landline goes dead, it has gone down again.

I can't report it via mobile phone as this fails EVERY TIME. I have had to go through the complaints team in the past and escalate the issue to CISAS who agreed with me and compensation was issued. How can I efficiently and quickly report a Landline fault without this long process (it was financially positive for me eventually)?

16 REPLIES 16

Yes I agree there should be a 'club' of VM Customers who have Home Phone faults and find the system to report the faults inadequate (to be polite). "No- Landliners" is a good suggestion, but the Tag doesn't work as you are not allowed 'no', so I try Lost Landliners. I also give an update to my saga below...

1. I did not receive ANY communication from the VM Forum team although it was clearly stated by Zach that I would! And they ask for an update on progress.

2. I received an email on Friday stating the "problem’s now been fixed and you should be up and running again."!

Guess what it isn't. There was no one home on Friday, and getting back today I find I have some improvement in that I can make outgoing calls. However when I (& others try to call) you get a ring tone on the calling phone but the phone fails to ring! This is actually worse for incoming calls as the caller think they are calling you but on one receives the call. With the original fault there was no indication of a call being attempted, it was just dead for caller and us.

Calling the VM Team (as indicated in the email) it showed the earliest appointment is still 1-Apr-22 as previously booked, at least I did not lose this. Although I have been told I could attempt to amend this online (i.e. check if an earlier slot is available) previously it has been confirmed this is not possible due to the team allocated for the fix.

So to all with similar issues; I have suggested a better reporting system when Home Phone fails but VM seem to consider 'everything is fine'. Maybe they will consider an email or formal chat fault reporting system for when the Home Phone fails. Otherwise others will continue to use the forum platform out of frustration and inability to get help efficiently elsewhere.

Hi @DL55

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience, please keep us updated with how the engineer visit goes.

Our techs will look to have your issue resolved for you as soon as possible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry Travis but "Our techs will look to have your issue resolved for you as soon as possible"does not match with an earliest appointment of 1-Apr-22. Waiting almost 4 weeks for a fix does not match my definition of 'as soon as possible'. It seems more that the tech team are under resourced!

Hi @DL55

Thanks for the reply

My apologies for the inconvenience again, if any earlier appointments do crop up you will be given the chance to take these via a text message but unfortunately I cannot make any promises.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

SO A SOLUTION 🙂

Yesterday a call fro a technician to say they would (could) be with us in 10 minutes. No warning but took the option rather than waiting for 1-Apr-22.

They advised there was an area issue and after checking the line offered the solution of switching to VOIP. The other background information was the copper wire networks are becoming problematic and reliability dropping (As we have experienced). So I took the option and within around 30 minutes the whole diagnosis and then change was completed.

Hoping this solution will have a better viability.

A word of warning though if the power is off you lose your phone. No option of plugging in a simple phone into the socket with telephone powered from the exchange as a backup. So if you are in a poor mobile phone signal area it may not be the best option.

Oh yeah the old "there's an issue in your area" hahahahahaha pop next door and ask your neighbour if their VM landline is working

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DL55,

Thank you for your update on the thread! I'm glad that there was some availability for the technicians to visit you earlier! 

Glad that they were able to resolve your issue and that your landline is now working. Please keep us updated and let us know if you experience any other issues going forward, we'll be more than happy to help you resolve this. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team