cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Dead Yet Again!!!

DL55
Tuning in

I have had issues in the past when the landline goes dead, it has gone down again.

I can't report it via mobile phone as this fails EVERY TIME. I have had to go through the complaints team in the past and escalate the issue to CISAS who agreed with me and compensation was issued. How can I efficiently and quickly report a Landline fault without this long process (it was financially positive for me eventually)?

16 REPLIES 16

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DL55,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your landline.

I have checked our systems, everything is showing as working on our side. Is your phone still plugged in at the wall? Or is it in the Hub now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It is plugged into the Virgin provided wall socket (As Normal), swapped out for another old style handset that also dead to incoming and outgoing calls. Can not call number from mobile.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DL55
Tuning in

Update to My message.

Technician visited today as arranged but this coincided with scheduled maintenance in the areas. It seemed to be a surprise to the person allocated, he then seemed to be redeployed without being able to fix the problem as the local cabinet was off. The fact the fault was from Monday and the scheduled work started Wednesday did not seem to matter. Result is after the scheduled work is completed (due at 15:10) the original fault still is present.... So still no Landline

Hi DL55,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to see that you're still experiencing issues with your landline service.

From here, I can see that an appointment has been scheduled in to have the signal strengthened to your property, so please be assured that we are still aware of the issue and trying to resolve.

Can you please let us know how things are on Friday and if you're still experiencing issues?

Many thanks

Beth

Beth,

Appointment booked for tomorrow was not discussed with me and is not possible and the slot time was from 08:00 to 18:00!!! I only found out about the appointment this evening when I logged into my account, the only communication VM bothered to send was an email that did not advise of anything other than an appointment would be booked.

I have had to reschedule to avoid me paying VM for not being available for an appointment that was not agreed by me!

The earliest appointment for rebooking, which I was forced to manage by calling your call centre, is.....

1ST APRIL 2022 I do not like the "JOKE" of VMs Customer Service.

Hi @DL55,

It looks like you've reached out to one of my colleagues via private message regarding this. They'll respond to you there to assist you further in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Oyster
Up to speed

we should create a club called the no-landliners

Hi @Oyster,

Thanks for your post. I can see that you're interacting with one of my colleagues via private message off the back of one of your other threads.

They will respond to you in due course to support you further and address your concerns.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!