cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Constantly Engaged And No Dial Tone

SMC239
Tuning in

My 86 year old mum got home from hospital tonight. I've been trying to phone her all night but it just keeps going to voicemail so I drove over to her house. Her phone has no dial tone and I'm unable to make any outbound calls. She lives alone and this is her only way of contacting anyone.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SMC239,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Mum's landline which she relies on isn't working, I will be more than happy to help further, have you tried removing everything from the phone socket including any extensions and filters and try a different stand alone phone, if a technician was to come and it was the phone at fault there will be a £25 callout charge added which if we can help avoid we will?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, Yes, I've tried another phone but it's still the same issue.  She has also received a letter from Virgin recently saying that a technicians visit is required for switching over to the fibre network?

Ah OK,

Just hoping this hasn't been switched, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I am able to get some details and have a further look for you, I will send this shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SMC239,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, as advised there is a fault picked up on your Mums landline and we have arranged a Technician, if for any reason it isn't convenient and you need to change or cancel this can be done Via her online account.

Please let us know how it goes, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.
Regards

Paul.