cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Connection to Router

GarryL
On our wavelength

I have lost my connector that connects the landline to the router (while moving things around at home)  which I understand is exclusive to Virgin? Anyone  know where I can get a replacement, My router is a Hub 3.0

Thanks 

Garry 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The adapter is a generic part, RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter. Readily available from your preferred online supplier for typically sub-£5.

If you have a relatively new phone then the most commonly-available version(s) should work. If you have an old phone (typically >15 years old, early 2000's or before) then you might need an adapter which has a 'ringing capacitor' in it (which allows an old phone to produce a ringing tone).

Sometimes the forum team can arrange for a passing technician to drop one off through the letterbox (usually for new customers though). One of the forum team will reply in a day or two if you want to wait for their response.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The adapter is a generic part, RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter. Readily available from your preferred online supplier for typically sub-£5.

If you have a relatively new phone then the most commonly-available version(s) should work. If you have an old phone (typically >15 years old, early 2000's or before) then you might need an adapter which has a 'ringing capacitor' in it (which allows an old phone to produce a ringing tone).

Sometimes the forum team can arrange for a passing technician to drop one off through the letterbox (usually for new customers though). One of the forum team will reply in a day or two if you want to wait for their response.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GarryL,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you seem to have misplaced your landline adapter. I'll send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a few details to get this looked into for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

GarryL
On our wavelength

Thanks for the information

GarryL
On our wavelength
goslow:
Thanks for the information