cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Connection To Router

NickJ121
Tuning in

I contacted VM a couple of weeks ago to explain that my phone wasn’t near my router and that a second phone in another room wouldn’t work post switch. I wasn’t convinced but I was assured that Ibwoild be contacted re an engineer attending. I haven’t heard anything re the engineers attendance. The switchover has taken place and I have tested it is working OK by connecting a phone to the router but what about the engineer?

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NickJ121,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Glad to hear that the switchover has been successful and that your landline is working fine now connected through your router.

Can we ask if the engineer was coming out to do some additional wiring for you for the 2nd line?

Can we just clarify if this is a 2nd line or an extension socket that needs the additional wiring?

Please let us know.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Firstly my primary phone is not next to the router, I have moved it there, hopefully on a temporary basis and to check the switchover worked. The second line is an extension run off the first IE the same number. The first socket was installed by VM when I took out the landline contract and the second socket was in existence when this work was done, so the VM engineer connected and both sockets were working.

Bit long winded but I'm just trying to make the point that it is nothing added since I had VM installed

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Thanks for confirming for us NickJ121,

So, we can get the engineer booked to do some additional wiring for the extension socket and see what he can do about the main phone as you had to move this, I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this arranged for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi NickJ121, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Let us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Engineer visit was scheduled from between 1-6pm. He phoned in the morning to say he would be with me for 1pm and he was bang on time. Only took him a a few minutes to run a connection to the router and all then was working fine. From talking to him it seems most of his work that day was all of the same nature.

Nick

Hi NickJ121, 

Thank you for keeping us updated with this. 

We're glad to hear the engineer was able to get this sorted for you.

^Martin