cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Caller display

Fairfork
Tuning in

I've been told by Virigin when trying to get phone fault fixed ( no caller display) that caller display has been discontinued and you now need a phone with this built in

no advance notice   not at all pleased if this is true 

is this correct ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this - if your phone had this working, then it would be compatible with caller ID. 

I will send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fairfork

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience, we would need you to have a handset with built-in caller display if you'd like to have access to this now.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

how do you identify a phone with this feature???

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fairfork

Thank you for your reply

It would usually be listed in the handset features depending on where you're purchasing the handset from.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Fairfork wrote:

I've been told by Virigin when trying to get phone fault fixed ( no caller display) that caller display has been discontinued and you now need a phone with this built in

no advance notice   not at all pleased if this is true  is this correct ???

Bit of a confusing exchange of messages in this topic.

Fairfork, if I have understood your post at #1, you were trying to report a fault with no caller ID displayed and were told that caller ID had been discontinued.

Presumably you already had a phone with a display screen which shows caller ID numbers when calls come in.

If that is so, then you need to have your missing caller ID fault remedied so that you can use your existing caller ID phone again.

Yes my thought entirely

Caller ID was working and then stopped but on reading

the phone instructions it said Caller ID had to be part of the line supplied as

far as I understand VIrgin have now discontinued this ( without warning) and that feature

needs to be built into the phone 

very confusing and annoying 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

OK, let's rewind a bit. The information you were told (presumably by VM CS offshore on the phone) that caller ID has been 'discontinued' was nonsense.

You already have a phone which has a caller ID feature/display?

Therefore, you presumably have a fault with the caller ID feature on your line which VM needs to fix for you.

Sometimes the VM forum team seem to be able to turn the caller ID on/off remotely to solve such an issue. Sometimes a tech visit is required.

Wait for one of the VM forum team to get back on this and investigate further for you.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this - if your phone had this working, then it would be compatible with caller ID. 

I will send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.