cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land lines necessary for broadband?

jenfamily1
Dialled in

I'm under contract until 2024 so can't change anything at the moment but wanted to ask you all how necessary is it these days to have a land line, whilst using a hub /router?

Can one still have the hub / internet access without the land line now that hardly anyone uses a land line to make calls? In the 'old days' one had to have a land line to also have broadband. One saves £20 a month on line rental charges plus £8ish for the any time calls package without this. This money can go towards the mobile contract.

Thank you all

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can, & with cable broadband like Virgin you have always been able to have Broadband only, as internet is delivered via a coaxial cable.

As to whether it would be cheaper without a landline. Possibly not. Contracts with landlines are heavily discounted, so don’t expect to save more than a few pounds a month, if anything at all from dropping the landline.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jenfamily1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for your query. We do offer broadband packages that do not include landlines, but as @nodrogd advised, broadband packages that include landline services are discounted and could result in a cheaper monthly price.

Unfortunately, we're unable to process package changes on this platform, so I would encourage you to reach out to our teams on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 to discuss your options when you're ready.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs