cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line :

lindahawkins
Joining in

Currently the land line is using the original BT wiring from 20 plus years ago. It is exposed to the elements and is extremely flimsy. The broadband / internet/TV comes through the main hub on an adjacent wall and is waterproof. I would like the telephone to be routed through this hub. Have not been able to speak to a person/customer services . Please advise

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lindahawkins

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We're in the process of upgrading all of our customers to our 21CV service, we will be sure to make you aware once we're ready to get you migrated over to this

More information can be found here

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Can you confirm that an adaptor has been ordered. Or do I need to request 

thank you 

Linda hawkins

Hi @lindahawkins

Thanks for the reply!

You'll receive an email when we're ready to migrate you over and this will advise you of all the steps necessary.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

QCan you advise when this will be the current wiring is exposed to the elements and is very fragile. The phone line is currently not working 

regards

linda Hawkins

Sorry to hear you're landline is not working @lindahawkins

We can run through some quick checks to see if we can resolve this for you here. Please also check that all handset are placed correctly into their bases.

Can you confirm:

• Is there a dial tone at all on the handset? If there is a dial tone can you make outgoing or incoming calls?
  • Is your phone connected to the master socket or an extension socket?
  • How many pieces of equipment do you also have connected to this socket?

Let me know if any of these have resolved your issue and if not we'll investigate further.   

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley